Monday, November 17, 2008

Lazy Leftovers

Sometimes, even I get my fill of my own cooking. Certain recipes can make more than I realize, and after eating the same thing for 4 meals, I'm ready for a change. I find that cooked veggies do really well when turned into a frittata. They also taste great in Spanish style tortillas, which are a little more work, but worth it, and in quiches, which require pie crust.

For this recipe, since I didn't use any herbs or spices with my roasted turnips earlier this week, I decided to throw in Swiss cheese. If you do use distinctive spices associated with a particular cuisine, or Italian, try and pair with an appropriate cheese.

I threw some frozen roasted potatoes in the oven with my frittatas, because potatoes and eggs make me think breakfast. Also, I was feeling lazy, and didn't feel like dirtying my knife and cutting board with cutting my own potatoes.



Roasted Vegetable Frittata

2 cups roasted vegetables
1-2 oz grated swiss cheese
3 lrg or 4 med eggs
salt & pepper
butter

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Grease 2 ramekins with butter. Divide leftover vegetables between ramekins, and top with cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour over vegetables and cheese, not quite coming to the brim. Place on cookie sheet or over tin foil, and bake for 25 min or until center is set.

Serves 2.

No comments: