Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hot

It's hot. I know summer generally is in NC, but this year, it's definitely hot. Too hot to exercise which makes me restless. Maybe that's why I've gone crazy. I've decided it's time to make a change and move someplace new. Where? Why California of course. No, I don't know anybody, no I don't have a job there (yet) but it seems like a great place, good schools and lots of produce. Here's hoping it works out.

In the meantime, I'm doing all my last North Carolina stuff, and frantically emptying out the pantry, while enjoying all the great local produce. There's nothing so beautiful as a sandwich of fresh baked whole wheat sourdough, slices of ripe tomato still warm from the sun and slathers (yes, slathers!) of mayonnaise. Man, I'm Southern. Wonder if they allow mayonnaise in California.

No comments: